It’s a new year, and for many companies that means new technology budgets waiting to be allocated. But what are the best audio visual investments to make for the year to come? Keep reading to find out.
Here are the AV Trends Coming in Hot for 2021
Many of the AV trends we are anticipating for the coming year are shaped by the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic. These technology updates will keep your employees safe, and they’ll also help keep effective collaboration going no matter where your teams are working from.
Here are the AV trends to watch for in 2021.
- Touchless control. Meeting room systems should be easy to configure and manage and require little end-user intervention. Touchless controls make it easy to manage your meeting room technology while also eliminating high traffic touchpoints where germs can spread. Touchless solutions include:
- BrightLink from BrightSign let users control touch screen displays from their own mobile devices. QR codes to access room information like how to launch a video call also reduce contact with high-touch surfaces and keep your paper room instructions from going missing.
- BrightVoice from BrightSign allows you use voice commands to trigger playback of on-screen content, as well as control other devices and lighting.
- Zero-Touch Room Automation from Kramer lets users present and collaborate from their laptop, tablet, or smart phone without having to touch meeting room equipment.
- Kramer KronoMeet can streamline and automate room bookings and live notifications to meeting participants.
- Better audio and more video conferencing. Hybrid workplaces are the future, both during the pandemic and beyond, and to be successful they require technology solutions that make it easy for co-workers to connect no matter where they are. With a complete conference room solution from Biamp you can turn any size of room into a productive space where in-person attendees and remote participants can work together as if they are in the same room. And don’t forget that clear audio can be even more important than video. The right microphones—for example, the Microflex® line from Shure—ensure everyone will always be heard. Professional conferencing cameras from Vaddio are designed for compatibility with soft conferencing clients like Zoom. Chief provides flexible mounting options for meeting rooms for Google Meet Series One Room Kits.
- Connecting your AV system to the building. An AV system that connects to building systems eliminates touchpoints, keeps users comfortable, and helps work get started faster. Easily turn on room lights, raise and lower window drapes, and adjust room temperature using room occupancy sensors with Kramer Control.
- Remote monitoring and maintenance. A single platform to configure, monitor and manage your AV system can reduce on-site service calls. Kramer’s enterprise AV management system platform can send reports about how your meeting room technology is working, and alert you to potential issues before your whole meeting room goes down.
Get the Right New Technology for the New Year with an Integrator’s Help
Whatever the new year holds for you—and whatever your 2021 budget is—a qualified PSNI integrator can help you choose the right AV solutions to meet your current and future needs. Looking for help with your meeting room technology? Find a PSNI integrator today.